Monday, February 06, 2006

National "pull a sickie" day

Apparently today glories in this rather dubious name, or so I learned when one of my colleagues arrived in the office. We duly established that, of the 5 of us in the room, four had given passing thought to doing just that.

Björn claims to have been throwing up and he made a bid for a day off today. Whether he was sincere or not, I am sad to say I have no idea - he is, after all a 14 year old boy!

His illness, whether real or feigned, coupled with an infected wound of my own (I recently had a growth removed in a rather tricky position where my clothes keep rubbing on the site, preventing healing), certainly had me weighing up the idea of a day in bed.

In the end, I packed us both off to a day's grind. I'm regretting it already. My wound is irritating the living daylights out of me, and I'm struggling to stay awake. It must be Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home