Saturday, January 13, 2007

An unexpected proposal

John returned home from New York yesterday with the usual armful of souvenir gifts. We each got a supporter's sweater for the New Jersey Devils (the team he got to see live on Wednesday), while his colleague gave him a NJD jersey which he will wear with pride tomorrow night at practice! He also brought back large quantities of cinnamon chewing gum (not readily available in the UK), gloves for the boys and, last but not least, he went down on bended knee, presented me with a white gold, blue topaz and diamond ring and proposed. Yes - proposed!

When he originally informed me we were going to get married, due partly to a bad past experience, and partly to a lack of funds, he gave me a (valuable on many levels) pendant of his own in lieu of an engagement ring. It might have been an unconventional approach - but it worked! I have no idea what made him decide to do this at this stage (other than a very pushy New York saleslady!), but I'm having a great giggle about being engaged at this late stage!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's too precious!!!! Well done John - never to late to sweep your girl off her feet. This way you managed a whopping "element of surprise"! The ring is beautiful. I think if I sent Craig off on his own to go buy jewellery it could end up pretty scary. The poor guy has NO idea. Guess he'll just have to buy me a car then....mmmm....the idea is already growing on me.... :-D
Colleen

1:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home