Friday, June 09, 2006

Karyn's quest for a Master's degree

Calloo Callay! It seems that, in spite of never having had the money to go to university, I have managed to piece together enough pieces of education over the years to equal a B Hons degree. After two years of closed doors, I have been unconditionally offered a place on a Master's degree in Educational Studies at Oxford Brookes.

We still have to decide whether I am going to accept - my company is only putting up half the money, so we have to find the other half while keeping up mortgage payments. I will also have to drive through to Oxford twice a week, which will add to the expense.

Whether or not I do this, the fact remains that I have I have been evaluated by an objective body and deemed equal to the task. I find this very validating. As an ambassador for informal education, I am ridiculously (and probably hypocritcally) pleased with this offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home