Friday, October 21, 2005

Karyn's work news

For those who don't know, I work as a learning designer for a company called Capita in the Learning and Development division.

Capita is a FTSE100 company, and this particular division was listed as one of the top 100 companies in the UK to work for last year, so I sat up and paid attention when the offer came through.

I was sorry to leave Christie + Co slap bang in the meaty part of the Sigma project, where we were building up to the roll-out of a new bespoke central system, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn more about instructional design and to try my hand at "proper" e-learning.

I can honestly say that I have already learnt a huge amount and look forward learning more.

My office is in Bedford, although many members of the team work remotely from home, and that option is available to me going forward. I might explore it once I have got a handle on things. Bedford is not far from MK - only 18 miles or so, but the morning traffic means it can take 50 minutes to an hour. Bleagh! I am looking into options like cycling and stuff, but the English weather is not conducive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home